We believe Adelaide is the perfect destination for international students and offers everything a student could ever ask for:
- Affordable living
- Living in Adelaide is cheaper than most Australian cities; costing around 20% less to live compared to Sydney and Melbourne around 5% less than Brisbane and Perth.
- The cost of rent ranges from $90 to $250 per week, per student depending on the type of accommodation chosen.
- Safe and Welcoming
- Adelaide is an inclusive, multicultural city with people from more than 125 nations living here.
- Adelaide’s crime rates are some of the lowest in the country.
- Easy to get around
- Adelaide’s design is based on a square grid layout surrounded by green parkland.
- The flat terrain makes walking and cycling easy and you can drive if you have an international driver’s licence.
- A public transport system of buses, trains and trams covers the city and suburbs and international students enjoy half price student ticket discounts.
- Life in Adelaide
- Adelaide has a Mediterranean climate which means students will enjoy four distinct seasons.
- Adelaide’s pristine sandy beaches can be enjoyed all year round or you can easily escape to a national park, vineyard and the picturesque countryside that surrounds the city.
- Adelaide is known for its rich cultural life, especially for its festivals and events such as WOMAD, Tour Down Under, Fringe Festival and Adelaide Festival.
Hear more about life in Adelaide from this video created by Study Adelaide.